We have one final clown class on Tuesday night. This is the class when we all go out for some real world clowning – a road test of sorts.
No, we are not all going in the same car although that would be pretty funny.
My costume and makeup are ready. I can do the disappearing scarf trick and I'm working on a bouncing hankie gag. If I can put together a couple more gags or jokes I think I’ll be ready… physically ready anyway, mentally I could use some work. I’m not quaking in my clown shoes yet but I am starting to get a little nervous.
What if I freeze up (a clown in headlights)? What if the kids don’t laugh? Or worse, what if I make the kids cry and the parents angry?!?!? Maybe someone should notify the local child psychologists….
Anyway, these are the things currently keeping me up at night. It’s one thing to be funny when no one sees it coming…it’s quite another when everyone expects you to be funny.
Iowa homecoming pics
Hubby got a little carried away snapping pics of the Iowa Hawkeye’s newly remodled Kinnick stadium. These pics will probably only be of interest to other Hawkeye fans or college football aficionados. Enjoy!
This is a statue of Nile Kinnick - the football player the stadium was named after.

Even the outside of the stadium got a facelift.

The new press box is huge!!!
8 comments:
Remember that performing will get a little easier each time you do it. You convey a quick wit and a fun personality on your blog; I believe you'll have no problem wowing the kids (and parents) with your act.
Please tell me you are misquoting the song. The sublimity that is the Kinks - frankly hearing that anyone else knows they exist is music to my ears.
Interesting story: their lead singer Ray Davis and Chrissie Hynde of the Pretenders turned up at a registry office to be married. However the registrar refused, on the grounds they were arguing too much.
Dantares.
Thanks Quipper! You are very kind! It will help that the class will be clowning together and our instructor will be with us. We've had a great teacher! I'll let you know how it goes.
Dantares - Yes, I am misquoting. Should be "tears" of the clown. My musical tastes run wide and deep. I can also remember song lyrics fairly accurately after only hearing the song once, maybe twice. Just one of my many unmarketable skills. Interesting story! I had not heard that before!
Awww...you gotta rent a Mini Cooper and pile in!
Lol. I guessed if you knew the song you would know the misquote. I just don't find many people with a Kinks knowledge....great one - I salute you.
Dantares.
c'mon, DMG, where's the photo of you as a clown?
How was the class on Tuesday?!?!?
How fun, how did your class go yesterday?
Post a Comment