Monday, January 15, 2007

Snarky alert

I hate Hollywood award shows. I haven’t watched one in years. Their only redeeming quality is they make for excellent blogging material. Here are a few memorable pics from the 64th Annual Golden Globe Awards.




'Desperate Housewives' star Eva Longoria is lovely and she'd look great no matter what she wore...but what’s with the butt strap? Is this some kind of rip cord and for what?!?!? Is Eva packing some kind of flotation device?


Here we see actress Ali Larter. I am slightly concerned Ms. Larter accidentally put her dress on backwards.



Yeesh! Me thinks Cameron Diaz might be running low on her meds or is she auditioning for an Efferdent commercial?

Pictures: www.foxnews.com

6 comments:

Marie N. said...

For 'artists' these folks don't seem to recognize an unflattering line!

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Maybe Paula Abdul can share some of her meds with Cameron.

Marie, I think these people are too used to having other people dress them.

Anonymous said...

I don't like them either. I don't get the butt strap either.

Anonymous said...

As to Ms. Longoria, the purpose of the strap is to draw attention to the ...er...floatation device beneath it.

As to Ms. Larter, I'm sure she has learned the benefits of Scotch(tm) double sided tape.

Ms. Diaz...well...she just leaves me speechless.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Marie - flattering or unflattering they always dress to draw attention to themselves.

Barb - I think you are right about other people dressing them. I also think they have more money than sense.

Myutopia - The butt strap still has me puzzled.

Kerner - Ha! Good observations! "double sided tape" Any type of clothing that requires tape or glue to keep it on your body is too complicated for me.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I don't think Ms. Larter used enough tape, however, as I think there's a little bit of somethin'-somethin' showing out the side of her dress. Seriously, I don't see why that style of dress is so stylish right now. On someone who is stick-thin, you just see all their ribs sticking out. On someone who actually has a figure, there's no way to provide support, so you just look saggy. Not attractive either way.