Letters! We’ve got letters! We've got lots and lots of letters!Okay, I have one letter - so sue me.
I’d like to introduce a new segment on Des Moines 360 – Blogger Mail!
I received a question from Phungus Amongus:
Do you NOT pronounce the S in "Des" or both "Des" and "Moines"?
Please advise.
Thanks.
Thank you Phungus for your question and a very good question it is!
Both the first and second 'S' are silent. To properly pronounce Des Moines, you must say it like this "Deh Moyn."
Hope this clears things up. Feel free to send me more questions!
Picture: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Pbalson_20060527_IMG_3615.JPG
4 comments:
So...I can't call it Dez Moyn-ess anymore? nots!
Hey Kerner! As long as you don't pronounce it DUH-Moyn-ess, it's okay by me. ;-)
You pronounce the s in moines if you are in the one south of seattle. Which is just as annoying as alternate pronunciations of nevada, iowa, charlotte, michigan, and so on
Hi Former newhampton hick! I agree. I'll never get use to pronouncing Nevada, Iowa (Neh-vay-da) and not (Neh-vah-dah).
Post a Comment