Friday, April 20, 2007

Sugar rush

Just a quick post to say….I PASSED MY GLUCOSE TEST!!!! Hooray! They didn’t even keep me for the full three hours.

In other news, I now know the date for my c-section. Junior will arrive on July 25th, two days before my due date. I suppose he could always make an early arrival but at least I have and end date in sight.

Thanks for sharing your stories and for the encouragement. Blogging about stuff can be very therapeutic!

7 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Yeah! Would you mind sharing why you're having a schedule c-section? My second was an unscheduled c-section after she turned sideways and most of the amniotic fluid leaked out.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Hi Barb! - I'm happy to share my "war story!"

My daughter was a surprise c-section and my doctor's policy is once a c always a c.

I was 3 days past my due date with my daughter and my doc sent me to the hospital for a non-stress test to see if I was okay to be induced. Long story short - they didn't like the results from the test. Every time I had a braxton hicks contraction, her heart rate dropped too low and then recovered too slowly. I was also low on amniotic fluid. The concern was if I went into labor or if I was induced, she would have gone into distress and it would have resulted in an emergency c-section.

It was a crazy day - very much a surprise. I never even went into labor. With this baby, I was told on day one it would be a c-section.

Anonymous said...

Just a few more miles to tote the weary load, DMG. Prayers ascend for you.

Marie N. said...

It is such a relief to know that on that date you'll be able to hold your baby with your *arms*. I'm glad for your test results.

Rick said...

Congratulations!

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! It was very much a relief. God is watching over us!

Scottius Maximus said...

DMG!

Hard work (almost) always pays off. Good job.