Platinum
Make new friends but keep the old.
One is silver and the other gold.
Had lunch with good friend Nancy Dancehall on Saturday. She was driving from Colorado with her parents and her twin boys back to Illinois for a long family visit. It was great to see her and the family!
Nancy and I go way way back. We met our freshman year at Drake University - 1989 to be exact - and graduation, time and ever evolving family responsibilities haven't changed our friendship, only deepened it. We don't get to see each other very often and it's difficult to have marathon, girl-talk sessions like we used to in college, but when we do get together we always manage to pick up right where we left off.
She is a true friend - one that I know I will keep for my whole life. When we're old an grey, I hope our children put us in the same nursing home so we can spend our remaining years rocking on the front porch and catching up on our girl-talk.
Love ya Nancy!
Monday, June 18, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh no, you disappeared! The make new friends song reminds me of girl scouts.
I love you too! I don't know what I did to deserve you, but I'm thankful.
So do you think they'll accuse of dementia when we start putting bread on the wall? ;-)
Post a Comment