Monday, March 24, 2008

It doesn’t matter…

One would hope we all are blessed with meaningful, fulfilling work – work you can be passionate about; work that excites you; work that has you rising eagerly from your bed each morning with an I-can’t-wait-to-get-started attitude. But alas, that is not always the case.

I am going through a spell at work right now where I have lost my passion. Work at best is meaningless and at its worst, stupid and irritating.

I’ve taken to amusing myself with little things – things that don’t matter but might give me a small chuckle at some point during the 8-9 hours a day my soul is slowly being sucked from my body. When that fails, my mental iPod plays show tunes (I don't know why - it just does). Below is a current fav.

So help me out – what do you do when you’ve lost passion for your work?

3 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Wish I could tell you - I've lost my passion for a lot of things that used to interest me. I'm trying a heaping helping of counseling and social support.

Rick said...

I find something that looks intriguing to me and research it, even if I don't like the topic. Nothing may come of it long-term, but it keeps my mind sharp.

With being a musician in a cover band, it's easy to find the next likely song that the band may want to learn, and start fiddling with it on the bass.

Some times, a couple consecutive nights of sound, solid sleep work, too.

If I let life get me down, it will! You got to ac-cent-u-ate the positive, e-lim-i-nate the negative....

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Barb and Rick! Thank you both. I guess this is something I'll just have to work through. Hopefully it won't last long.