Friday, February 17, 2006


Lime Jello Marshmallow Cottage Cheese Surprise (burf!)

This post is a Lutheran potluck because it has a little bit of everything. If you're curious about my title, it's the name of a funny song from A Prairie Home Companion.

Salads and appetizers
Work – I've been suppressing a primal monkey scream all day and it’s not over yet. Work followed me home for the weekend. Nothing major but I was really hoping it would be over by now.

It be cold outside - actual temperature today was 10 degrees with a windchill of
-10. That’s somewhere between Dang! And Unngggghhh! on my weather scale. See previous December post.

Darling mother-in-law comes back from vacation tomorrow. I'm sure she will expect us to drop everything and rush right over (or her over here) so she can see darling daughter because, after all, it’s been a whole (mock horror) 6 days since she saw her last!!!!!!

Main courses
I am going to a scrapbook retreat all day tomorrow. I need to get my stuff organized tonight so I can make the most of my time over there. Ahhh! - scrapbooking! What is it about cutting up bits of paper and arranging photos on an album page that is so satisfying?

I will finally have time to pick up my contacts tomorrow so I will no longer be mistaken for a granny. (one can only hope)

Here's some perspective for you. It was announced this week that a tour guide was arrested for “child stealing” at the Iowa Capital Building – he swiped the kid while he was giving a tour. The legislature wasn't informed of the incident and the tour guide’s arrest for 11 days. THIS was important for the public to know right away; the 18 hours Vice President Cheney delayed telling the press of his hunting accident was not.


Officials defend abduction report lag - The Iowa Department of
Public Safety on Thursday defended its decision to wait 11 days before notifying the public of a child abduction at the state Capitol.

Another thing - what's with this “child stealing?” I've heard of “child abduction.” Is this a lesser charge? Is there such a thing as “child borrowing?” Would that be an even lesser charge than “stealing?”

Desserts
I've had the Janet and Brad song from The Rocky Horror Picture Show and the poem, The Tiger (…you know…tiger tiger burning bright in the forests of the night…) stuck in my head at different times today. What's up with that? Must be my Mommy Brain efficiently processing vast amounts of information.

Ugh! Stick a fork in me, I'm done!

Gross jello picture from http://www.swankola.com/md/jello/jell01.html

2 comments:

Jane said...

What *IS* it about cutting up bits of paper and arranging photos on an album page that is so satisfying? I have no theories, but I can't wait for my scrapbooking retreat this weekend!

Glad I found your blog. Always nice to know another mommy-brained scrapbooker. :)

Des_Moines_Girl said...

What is the sound of one hand clapping? We may never know the answer to the scrapbooking question.

Thanks for stopping by! Glad you like my blog!