I saw this quiz on a few fellow Lutheran blog sites. I didn’t do so well. I have a confession to make. I wasn’t raised Lutheran – never went through confirmation. I was raised Bible Presbyterian and we didn’t join LCMS until I was in high school.
I understand the basic principles of Lutheranism but when it comes dates and places, presidents and synod mergers/splits…not so much. Hopefully, after seeing my results Aardvark doesn’t revoke my membership in the blog roll! :-O
Well, you might be Lutheran, but there's more to learn. You have room for growth in understanding Lutheran terminology and culture. Hopefully you have a better knowledge of the Bible itself. Good thing Salvation is by Grace and not by merit. We can add nothing to what God has done for us in Christ Jesus. But it never hurts to learn a little more about the church on earth. Thanks for taking the quiz!
How Lutheran Are You?
Create a Quiz
6 comments:
DMG, you're not alone. I only got 71%. Gulp! Do they revoke my Confessional Lutheran Card now? :-)
I got an 83%, as I recall. I didn't think it was that important to know all the alphabet-soup initials of every single branch of Lutheranism in the U.S., not to mention the initials of all the hymnals, so I'm not too choked up about it.
I only got an 84%. Like barb, I probably lost points for not knowing the name of the ELCA hymnal (as if I care what book they apostacize from).
You, however, probably lost points from being born in New Jersey. All us Mid-westerners are raised to believe that there are no Christians east of Pittsburg ;-).
Quipper - Card carrying Lutheran, eh? Where do I get one?
Barb - I never realized just how many branches of Lutheranism there are. Alphabet soup is right!
Kerner - Ha! :-) There are Christians east of Pittsburg they are just sometimes harder to find - not as many potlucks.
DMG - get a what? A card carrying Lutheran, or the card? :-)
I think the card is a combination of your baptism and Luther's Small Catechism. (You can't take away my baptism...please don't take away my small catechism.)
Worry not, DM360, Barb, Kerner, and Quipper. You've shown your faith by your works (of writing).
Post a Comment