Junior Joey on board
Okay - it's clown vocabulary time! Circus clowns are sometimes called "Joeys." The nickname , and the classic white face makeup, comes from the Englishman Joseph Grimaldi (1779-1837). With his painted face, he is considered to be the first real stage clown. Today, "Junior Joey" refers to a clown who is under the age of 18.
So...now that you know that, can you guess my little secret? Yes - I am pregnant, in the family way, knocked up, with child, bun in the oven...etc... Currently at 12 weeks and hopefully just coming out of the tired/pukey stage. Our new little "Junior Joey" is due in late July. I'll really be diggin' my clown pants by then - may start wearing them all the time. Here's hoping they'll still fit come July!
BTW - for those of you who know me in real life, now you know why you haven't received a Christmas card yet but don't give up hope! Tired and pukey delayed them but I still plan on sending them out.
It's been hard keeping this a secret. I've missed a lot of good blogging opportunities because I didn't want to spill the beans yet. I officially told my team at work yesterday and everyone was very happy for us. I think it will make things easier for me. Hard to pretend everything is peachy keen when you're struggling not to lose your breakfast all over your keyboard.
Hubby and I are very happy and excited. I will be more excited once I get past this yucky phase. We struggled a long time with the decision to have a second child. We always wanted to have two children but financial worries kept holding us back. It finally got to the point where we had to pick a path. It's still scary but I'm very glad we chose the path we did.
So for my next "trick, " I will become a proud mother again in July - just when I thought my life couldn't get any more complicated. ;-)
Winter update
Winter has finally arrived. The weather man is predicting 3-6 inches for us between now and Monday.
Saturday, January 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
12 comments:
Congratulations!
Hee hee...like pulling a rabbit out of a hat....ok, not quite. Congratulations!
Congratulations, DMG and family!
A pregnant clown - - now THAT is funny! Congratulations!
Thanks all! Yes - a pregnant clown! There's gotta be a punchline for that somewhere.
I think it's funny that I started clowning and a month later I was pregnant. I told Hubby, "Wow, you must REALLY like clowns!" He didn't think my joke was as funny as I did. ;-)
Scottius!
Ha! Probably more August. ;-) I'm just praying for pink and chubby. The color blue is bad luck for both babies and clowns.
Congratulations! See, clowning around really works. :-)
Our kids are five years apart. We went thru the same hand wringing regarding a second child, but we're happy we did.
Wonderful news! Hope you are feeling better soon.
Hey Quipper!
Clowning around - *snicker!* ;-)
Darling daughter will be 5 in June so we'll have a 5 year difference with ours too. I heard once if you wait until you can afford to have kids, you'll never have them. I also believe that if God gives you the child, He'll provide a way for you to provide for the child. Bottom line - choosing to have a child is a leap of faith.
Marie - Thanks! I hope so too! I am feeling a little better. Still experiencing some occasional backsliding.
DMG - I agree with the "leap of faith" comment. I once also had a co-worker say to me, "whenever you decide to have kids, it's ALWAYS too soon". :-)
We had 5 kids in 8 years...you guys are amateurs.
But congratulations!
I followed Nancy Dancehall's link to you. Congratulations! Were were only going to have one child, but alas, the universe decided we needed 2. (I am so glad we have our son too!) Hopefully the pukey time is over. Have a Quarter pounder for me since I do not have such a great excuse to eat one as being pregnant! Best wishes to you :)
Post a Comment