Saturday, January 20, 2007

A taste of paradise

Darling daughter and I went to McDonald's Thursday night for a playdate. I had my first Quarter Pounder with cheese in over a year (I usually order a salad). It was a religious experience. (!!!!!)

Picture Madeline Kahn in Young Frankenstein singing, "Oh! Sweet mystery of life at least I've found you!!!!!" That was me. I ate all my fries too and I didn't feel one damn ounce of guilt about it either.

If I paused in my chewing, it was only so I could better hear the heavenly choir singing over head. I'm officially at 13 weeks. Gotta love those pregnancy hormones.

Picture: http://www.mcdonalds.com/

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hah! I ate a bunch of pommes frites on Friday. Took my former assistant out for lunch on his last day with the company, and he ordered a huge cone of fries with dipping sauces as an appetizer. We shared it, and still couldn't finish more than half of them. Dee-lish.

Anonymous said...

DMG!

Good for you! I just may eat one soon in tribute to you. Thanks for making me salivate this morning.

Anonymous said...

lol, Good for you! I haven't eaten a McDonalds burger in awhile either.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

You go girl! I used to love to eat at the Amish buffet near us when I was pregnant with my first.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

All the comments say anonymous so now I don't know who said what! :-(

Pommes frites - yummy!

Any time!

We don't eat at McDs very often so it's usually a treat. Their salads are pretty good but sometimes a girl just needs a burger.

Amish buffet? There's a joke in there somewhere! ;-)