
Easter miracles
…6:40 a.m.…
The clock was telling me it was time to get up but I was still enjoying that minute between sleep and awake. If I didn’t get up soon, it would become a mad dash to make it to church on time…nothing new there.
We wanted to get to church early. Easter, like most holidays, meant we’d have lots of extra people in church – a good thing for sure – but it makes parking difficult.
I rolled over and looked at Hubby. He was still sleeping. I wasn’t the only one taking my time this morning. Then it hit me like a brick to the back of my head. “We didn’t do the Easter Bunny thing yet!”
Panic!
We had gone out the night before with friends and had completely forgotten to put little girl’s Easter basket together before we went to bed. It was an Easter miracle she was still asleep.
The Easter candy was still in the trunk of my car so while Hubby ran out to the garage (still in his boxers) I went to the basement and found darling daughter’s Easter basket. Luckily, I knew right where to look. Then Hubby stood guard at the bottom of the steps while I ripped the packaging off pastel colored plastic eggs and tore into bags of chocolate. Eggs were hastily hidden and her finished basket placed prominently on the fireplace hearth.
Now the clock was really running against us. I jumped in the shower while Hubby roused darling daughter. I heard squeals of delight even over the sound of running water. Little girl came into the bathroom while I was still rinsing my hair.
DAUGHTER: Mommy! The Easter Bunny came!!!!
DMG: Really? WOW!!!
Two more showers to go - Easter outfits were thrown together, hair combed and accessories were found. Little girl agreed to put her candy down without a complaint – Easter miracle #2.
The clock said 8:13 when we piled into the car….two minutes ahead of schedule. After catching my breath – I was still in awe of how we managed to pull off getting everyone ready on time - I finally had a chance to turn and look at little girl in the back seat. She looked very sweet in her Easter hat and white shoes. She was holding her little bunny purse on her lap.
DMG: (to little girl) Do you remember why we celebrate Easter?
DAUGHTER: (enthusiastically) It’s when Jesus rose again and came out of the tomb!
Candy and eggs are cool but the over commercialism of Easter hadn’t made her forget – Easter miracle #3.
Hoping you all had a very blessed Easter! :-)
…6:40 a.m.…
The clock was telling me it was time to get up but I was still enjoying that minute between sleep and awake. If I didn’t get up soon, it would become a mad dash to make it to church on time…nothing new there.
We wanted to get to church early. Easter, like most holidays, meant we’d have lots of extra people in church – a good thing for sure – but it makes parking difficult.
I rolled over and looked at Hubby. He was still sleeping. I wasn’t the only one taking my time this morning. Then it hit me like a brick to the back of my head. “We didn’t do the Easter Bunny thing yet!”
Panic!
We had gone out the night before with friends and had completely forgotten to put little girl’s Easter basket together before we went to bed. It was an Easter miracle she was still asleep.
The Easter candy was still in the trunk of my car so while Hubby ran out to the garage (still in his boxers) I went to the basement and found darling daughter’s Easter basket. Luckily, I knew right where to look. Then Hubby stood guard at the bottom of the steps while I ripped the packaging off pastel colored plastic eggs and tore into bags of chocolate. Eggs were hastily hidden and her finished basket placed prominently on the fireplace hearth.
Now the clock was really running against us. I jumped in the shower while Hubby roused darling daughter. I heard squeals of delight even over the sound of running water. Little girl came into the bathroom while I was still rinsing my hair.
DAUGHTER: Mommy! The Easter Bunny came!!!!
DMG: Really? WOW!!!
Two more showers to go - Easter outfits were thrown together, hair combed and accessories were found. Little girl agreed to put her candy down without a complaint – Easter miracle #2.
The clock said 8:13 when we piled into the car….two minutes ahead of schedule. After catching my breath – I was still in awe of how we managed to pull off getting everyone ready on time - I finally had a chance to turn and look at little girl in the back seat. She looked very sweet in her Easter hat and white shoes. She was holding her little bunny purse on her lap.
DMG: (to little girl) Do you remember why we celebrate Easter?
DAUGHTER: (enthusiastically) It’s when Jesus rose again and came out of the tomb!
Candy and eggs are cool but the over commercialism of Easter hadn’t made her forget – Easter miracle #3.
Hoping you all had a very blessed Easter! :-)
2 comments:
We parents do appreciate the most amazing things!
Hi Marie! - I agree. Sometimes it's the little things that make me the happiest!
Post a Comment