And on the seventh day…
…he rested. One week after he was admitted to the hospital, my friend and co-worker died at 5pm (CST) this evening.
Last Monday he was admitted to the hospital for a suspected heart condition. Tuesday he was diagnosed with cancer (later confirmed as stage 4). Over the last few days, he was in and out of the ICU.
He was kind and generous with his time and his talents. I especially appreciated his quirky sense of humor at the office – one of only a few people I could always count on to laugh at my cheese ball jokes.
He was a “let go and let God” kind of person. He had a very strong and steadfast faith – a wonderful example to others. I am confident he clung to his faith through those final hours, drawing strength and comfort. I have no doubt he is in heaven tonight with his Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, but he will be greatly missed.
May God grant peace and comfort to his wife and three children.
Monday, February 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm very sorry to hear about your friend's passing. I do love the way you began your post though, "And on the seventh day ... he rested." Beautiful and true.
Thank you Caroline. It has been a rough week.
Hey there,
I know tonight must have been rough, but I hope it brought some closure.
Yes - feeling better. Don't know why but I always feel better after the funeral. Starts to put things back into balance again.
Post a Comment