Today was a bad day…a very bad day. I found out a friend and co-worker has cancer. That’s all we know. No word on how severe…no idea of what tomorrow will bring.
Psalm 23
The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort
me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me
all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.
3 comments:
Again, I'm very sorry to hear about this.
I feel at times like these I should say some sort of pastor's wifey thing, but I fear my words are of little consequence. It is right to turn to the Word ... the only place true peace can be found. That is what you have done and what you shall continue to do.
You know I just read a wonderful sermon by Rev. Cwirla I would heartily recommend. Personally I hate reading sermons. They were meant to be heard ... so read it outloud to yourself. Of course that's just a suggestion ;-)
Here it is:
http://blog.higherthings.org/wcwirla/article/1160.html
Check it out ... well worth your time.
Thank you...both of you.
ND - I'll drop you a line later today.
Caroline - thank you. I'll have to check out the sermon.
Hopefully we'll get more information on his condition today. That's the worst part of it right now - the not knowing.
Post a Comment