It's our anniversary today - eight crazy years of wedded bliss! Hubby likes to tell the joke, "Only feels like eight minutes....under water!" He's such a kidder...
You are kidding, right? ;-)
When we decided to get married we made a pact, "You and me against the world." Over the past eight years, the world has certainly dished it out - sucker punched us and knocked us down a few times - but courageously (or foolishly) we stood back up again.
- Financial woes
- Job trauma
- Health scares
- Parental challenges (sleepless nights, terrible twos, potty training, sassy fours)
- Crazy in-laws
- Tears and fears
It's been good and bad, crazy and wonderful but without a doubt we've had more laughter than tears.
Happy Anniversary Hubby!
I love you! Thank you for the roses!
Speaking of crazy...
I had a dream last night. Remember the show Perfect Strangers? In my dream, Cousin Larry opened a restaurant (pizza place) and was making money hand over fist. His gimmick? He was collecting dead raccoons, road kill, and using them to make the food - raccoon road kill pizza.
In my dream, it made perfect sense. What great idea! How clever of him and how happy I was he was making so much money! And the pizza? It was quite tasty!
...Burf!...
What's up with that?!?!?!?
5 comments:
Congratulations to you and Des Moines Guy!
Woot! Happy anniversary!
I can't believe it's been eight years since skating to your wedding in a snowstorm. ;-) It was a beautiful night, as seen from the top of the hotel.
Awe! Happy Anniversary. Now a days 8 years is like the equivallent of 20 :)
My hubby and I are working on number 4 and have been together a total of 8 years.
Happy anniversary.
Thanks all! Yes - unfortuantely now a days 8 years is considered a long marriage. :-)
Post a Comment