SurfacingAnother busy week has gone by. It seems I go from Monday to Friday in a single blink. So much has been going on and yet nothing I would consider blog worthy.
My writing muse just hasn’t been visiting me very frequently. I blame it on all the writing I’ve been doing at work. See…when you write for a living and most of what you write is taking other people’s words and ideas and creating coherent sentences, then by the time you get home you’re kind of tapped out. It’s like my word bank is empty and I have nothing left for me to be able to write for myself.
I have a little time now so maybe I can find a few words I haven’t used yet. Like noodles stuck to the bottom of the chicken noodle soup can, I’ll see if I can coax them out.
Busy busy busy bee
Work was better this week. Still busy because I’m backing up another editor but she is back on Monday. My desk looks like a hurricane hit it but I was at least able to sort through my filing box. The stack was getting dangerously high! Lives were at stake so I took a few minutes to thin out some of the more precariously balanced files.
Baby news!
Little boy has been very busy too! I’ve been feeling some slight movement for a couple weeks but now it is definitely stronger and more recognizable. I’ve also been getting a lot of round ligament pain – yesterday was the worst yet. The mommies out there will know what I’m talking about. For the uninitiated, it’s essentially achy muscle spasms because of all the stretching your body is experiencing. Mostly it is annoying but it can be very painful. I might have to do some stretching exercises this weekend.
Mother-in-law
I haven’t had any mother-in-law updates in awhile. She has actually been pretty good lately – not nearly as challenging as she usually is.
When I got home last night, Hubby told me she would be calling me later to ask if little girl and I wanted to go to lunch today. I was really tired and didn’t even want to think about it. I have a million other things to do over an average weekend so going out to lunch was not really on my radar, especially given the short notice. But…I was a good sport. When she called, I told her it sounded like fun and we’d be happy to.
Lunch was fine but true to form she floated a few trial balloons based on her own agenda. I’ve become a master at the non-committal response and conversational redirection.
Girl Scout Cookies
Our cookies are here! Yummy! We’ll see how long they last. I think these Girl Scouts have quite a little racket going. They only sell the cookies for a short time every year and then they are all gone. You feel you must buy a whole bunch of cookies while they are available, and then you gobble them all up really fast because you haven’t had them in so long. Then all you are left with is a graveyard of empty cookie boxes and overwhelming feelings of guilt. But you still look forward to next year when the little urchins come back with their order forms again.
Saint Patrick’s Day parade
Des Moines has their St. Pat’s parade next Saturday and I will be marching…IN CLOWN! If you’re in town for the parade, watch for the clown with the feather duster. At least I hope I will have a feather duster for my gag. I need to go buy one first.
I guess that about covers it.
Down the road! (clown speak for see y’all later!)
3 comments:
Here in Milwaukee, we had our St. Patrick's day parade LAST Saturday...thus giving us a chance to drink too much twice. This is SO Milwaukee. (not that I'm necessarily complaining)
Here's hoping the parade is fun for you and the family.
Kerner - more time to party? No problems here!
Quipper - the parade was really fun! I'll blog about that next.
Post a Comment