Sunday, March 25, 2007

Nesting?

Well…maybe…yeah…I guess. Hubby took darling daughter to a softball game this afternoon. I had the house to myself. It was the first time I had been alone in the house in I can’t remember how long.

I could have taken a nap. I could have done housework – pick a room, they all need help. I could have done some yard work. But no….I suddenly had a wild hair to sort through baby clothes, two large tubs full to be exact. Probably shouldn’t go into the fact I was moving some heavy storage bins in the process…I promise I won’t do that any more.

I searched through mountains of pink and filly girly things and pulled out all the gender neutral and boyish clothes for baby boy. Then I sorted by size and made two piles – one newborn to 12 months and the other over 18 months. Took me all afternoon.

But the wild hair wasn’t done with me yet. After dinner, I pulled all of darling daughter’s summer clothes out and had her try them on to see which clothes still fit her and then reorganized her dresser drawers. It was a very productive afternoon but it wasn’t something that needed to be done today.

So…what do you think? Nesting? Spring fever? Or just plain crazy?

3 comments:

Kelly said...

It may be a bit of all three. That had to feel good to get organized though! Organization is like Valium to me.

Anonymous said...

I think it's the nice weather! Finally!

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Myutopia - it did feel good! I like the feeling of accomplishment but then I got depressed because that was the only thing that got done that day. Too much housework, too little time.

Christi - Yes, I agree. There had to be a touch of sping cleaning in there somewhere.