Monday, April 30, 2007

Gloom, despair and agony on me...

Sing along with me if you know the words.

...Deep dark depression excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair and agony on me.


So maybe life isn't quite that bad...but I'm feeling mighty low. I think I need a good moan.

It's been hot the last couple days. Really hot. And for you mommies out there, you know what it's like to be pregnant and hot. Not fun. Pregnant hot is a special kind of hot. A pregnant woman can never truely escape the heat because she is generating the heat itself. That's why pregnant women like ice cream so much. It's the only thing that can cool us off from the inside.

I feel pregnant....REALLY pregnant. The belly gets in the way. My back aches. My legs bother me. I can't even put a band-aid on my toe without resorting to circus-like contortions. My energy is sapped. My motivation is lower. There is stuff I need to do and want to do and there just isn't enough time or energy in me to do it all.

It's frustrating....and I still have 12 more weeks to go. Heaven help me! July 25 can't come fast enough. But by then I'll be recovering from major surgery, have a new infant keeping me up at night, a full time office job, a five year old who still requires a great deal of attention, a spouse attending graduate school two nights a week and the house will still be a wreck. If there was ever a time I needed divine intervention, it is now.

Give me strength!

6 comments:

Joseph Broad said...

"Rummages in bag."
Pulls out Potion of Bull's Strength.
Dantares.

Marie N. said...

Sending empathy your way....

We have just a few weeks shy of five years between our children. Big sister really was a very big help for all those little things such as thousands of trips to the diaper bag and trash can.

Anonymous said...

Look on the bright side, DMG. That bomb in Des Moines turned out to be a giant box of condoms. Disaster averted.

Anonymous said...

OK, lame jokes aside. Our Lord who clothes the fields with lilies and know of the fall of every Sparrow cares for you and will see you through this.

I know, I know, I'm a man and I will never have to go through this...but it's all I've got.

Scottius Maximus said...

DMG!

I love Hee Haw- a Saturday night fixture at our house growing up!

Just keep singing that song, along with Where Are You Tonight and that Rumors song, to the bun in your oven and it'll be over before you know it. As long as his(?) first words aren't 'BR 549' no harm will have been done.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Dantares - "She drinks the amber liquid lustily and wipes her mouth with the back of her sleeve." Thanks!

Marie - You are right! Darling daughter will be a big help. She tells me daily how she is going to be a "great big sister!"

Thanks Kerner! First for reminding me about the condom bomb scare and giving me a good laugh.
Second for reminding me to trust God in all things. You gave me a lift!

Scottius! Glad you liked my Hee Haw reference! Wasn't sure how many people would pick up on it. The song fit my mood so well I had to use it.