On the bright side, my clown walk is getting funnier…
I reached another clowning milestone this week. Instructor Dude and I entertained the preschool kids (3 – 5 year olds) at church and taught them all about how to be clowns.
Two days – four presentations. We taught them how to tell a joke, how to do a magic trick, how to laugh like a clown, how to make funny faces like a clown and finally….how to walk like a clown.
Walk this way. If I could walk that way, I wouldn’t need the talcum powder…
Who knew the last would be the most difficult? We started off showing the kids examples of funny clown walks – kind of a John Cleese The Ministry of Silly Walks bit.
Anyway, there was one particular clown walk I don’t think I’ll be doing for awhile. I pulled my sciatic nerve down my left leg. I added insult to injury when I slipped getting into the car to go home – stupid rain.
So now I have a little hitch in my get-along but at 27 weeks and counting I guess that should be expected. It’s not a constant thing – more of an occasional (not so) gentle reminder I’m not as spry as I was a few months ago. Maybe I’ll change my name to “Gimpy the Clown.”
Smiling through my pain
It was all worth it! The kids really had a great time and we had a blast! The teachers took pictures and I’m told we’ll be in the church bulletin this week. I’ll see if I can swipe some jpgs to post.
Next clown adventure – a church fund raiser Thursday night and a March of Dimes walk on Saturday. I better find some time to practice my balloon twisting!
I know - a lot of clown stuff going on but when the baby comes, I’ll have no choice but to slow down. I guess I feel like I need to take advantage of the opportunities while I still can.
Am I crazy?
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Yes, but it's a good crazyness so don't stop. I'm attempting to work the word "clown" into my diss - it's on roman town council planning in the social and economic suburbs, creation of.
Dantares.
Hey Dantares! Thanks! I guess we all need a little lunacy in our lives. Good luck with your paper - it sounds like a tall order!
Post a Comment