Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Card carrying member

After months of tagging along to clown meetings, I was officially inducted into the Korn Patch Klowns group last night as a full member. I was expecting blindfolds and spankings with rubber chickens...but alas...it was a simple ceremony.

They made me wear a red clown nose while I answered a few questions about what originally drew me to clowning and my clown name. We wrapped it up by reading the Clown's Prayer.

Prayer of a Clown
Help me to create more laughter than tears,
Dispense more happiness than gloom,
Spread more cheer than despair.

Never let me grow so big that I will fail to
See the wonder in the eyes of a child or the twinkle in the eyes of the aged.
Never let me forget than I am a Clown…
That my work is to cheer people up, make them happy, and make them laugh, make them forget momentarily all the unpleasant things in their lives.

Never let me jeopardize the integrity of clowndom by improper conduct.
Help me to always make others proud of my actions as a clown.

Never let me acquire financial success to the point where I will discontinue calling upon my Creator in the hour of plenty.

In other news…
Pregnancy complaint of the week - My bellybutton hurts!!! :-O

If the shoe farts....
Currently, my most comfortable pair of shoes are my white (okay - mostly white) tennis shoes. Unfortunately, every time I step with my right foot my shoe makes a 'phoosh' sound, which is remarkably similar to a bodily function. (...sigh...)

4 comments:

Rick said...

I like the Clown Prayer. It sounds somewhat like a Clown's Code of Conduct.

Congratulations on your induction.

Marie N. said...

Congratulations!

Kelly said...

That's really cool. Congrats on your official clowndomness.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Hi Rick! You're right it is kind of a code of conduct. The professional clowns take this sort of thing very seriously.

Marie and Myutopia - Thanks all! It feels good to be an official member.