Friday, October 05, 2007

I will survive...

Today was my third day back on the job post maternity leave. Wednesday was rough. I said good-bye to Baby Boy's sweet little face at the sitter's house. Maybe it was best he was asleep. My short commute to work was very depressing. I was teary-eyed off and off through the morning. Yesterday and today have been better.

Reality bites
I'm still not happy about it. I still wish I had a magic wand to change things but...as I keep telling myself...it is what it is so until Tinker Bell shows up with her pixie dust I will just have to accept it. The one nice thing is my co-workers have been very understanding and are keeping my work load light until I'm on even keel again.

I keep hearing about these new moms who go back to work for a few weeks and then up and decide corporate life is not for them. They quit their jobs and blissfully become stay-at-home moms without so much as a backward glance. I'm jealous - I'm jealous of their ability to make that choice, to have that option. I'm sure it's a difficult decision...but they still get to choose.

In other news...

Thieves Steal $44G in Corsets, Erotic Costumes
ORANGE, Calif. — Thieves have twice raided an Orange County store that specializes in corsets and other costumes, making off with an estimated $44,000 in exotic outfits. Jeanette Zinkan, a 69-year-old great grandmother who goes by the name "Miss Antoinette," owns Versatile Fashions, and designs most of the store's merchandise herself.

Hmmm....my grandma used to knit sweaters.... :-O

No comments: