Gore-gasmEveryone else seems to be having one. Pardon me if I pass. Could someone please explain to me how Al Gore’s brand of environmentalism qualifies him to receive the Nobel Peace Prize?
I think Senator McCain made a very good point on this subject while he was in Davenport, Iowa.
Afflicted monks should have won Nobel, McCain says
McCain congratulated Gore but also said, "I would have liked to see that prize go to the Buddhist monks who are suffering and dying in Burma," referring to a continuing struggle between military rulers in Myanmar and protesters, led by monks, seeking democracy.
Monks versus bunk
So how did McCain come to form his opinion? Let’s review.
1. Defenseless monks marching in the streets for democracy and losing their lives for their cause.
Versus
2. An overrated ex-politician turned environmentalist who uses air polluting private jets and gas guzzling SUVs to travel around lecturing people on the size of their carbon footprint while he buys carbon offsets.
Hmmm…Gotta go with the monks on this one.
Picture: http://www.drudgereport.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment