Sunday, January 13, 2008

Just a quickie

This past week has been one crazy day after another. So much to blog about, so little time! Here's a quickie update until I can find more time to sit still.

Why so crazy? Read on...

Work work work; busy busy bee!

Did Patton's troops ask him, "But why are we invading Italy from the South instead of the North? It doesn't make any difference to me."

Did they ask Hannibal, "Why elephants?"

Did they say to Washington before crossing the Deleware, "But I don't want to work on Christmas Eve! Can't this wait until after the holidays?"

I don't mind when people ask questions but what some people fail to grasp is that they are so far down on the totem pole they don't need detailed explanations on every little thing in order to perform each individual task they are assigned.

Corporate America is not a democracy or at least in some cases it shouldn't be. I don't mean to sound like a 1950s managerial throwback but there is value in the "shut up and do your job" approach.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

So true. Our culture, however, tends to have a "question everything" attitude.

Anonymous said...

^^ Yet no one questions the mainstream media.

www.515forums.com

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Shane - I agree. You shouldn't question authority simply to question authority. You should have a reason more concrete than that.

Hi Yuppy! You are so right. The media stopped doing their jobs a long time ago and we've let them get away with it.

Anonymous said...

It's not that we don't question the media. It's that they choose not to reply to our questions.

www.HeyIowa.com