Let’s compare…
- 1,500 – Hurricane Katrina
- 3,000 – 9/11
- 76,000 - Pakistan earthquake
- 280,000 – Indian Ocean tsunami
- 6 million – Jewish Holocaust
- 47 million - abortions performed since Roe vs. Wade
47 million…
33 years…
1.5 million every year…
47 million children that never…
- Played in the sunshine
- Laughed out loud
- Took their first breath, their first step, spoke their first word
- Heard “I love you”
- Were given a hug
- Were given a chance
47 million children could have been given into loving families if only they had been placed for adoption.
The United States averages 120,000 adoptions per year (based on 1990 figures) with many more couples waiting (sometimes years) to adopt.
Every year, more couples choose to adopt internationally rather than wait for a child to become available in the United States.
I’m not here to judge. I’m not here to condemn. I’m just pointing out the obvious. These are the facts. But no one likes to talk about it.
47 million abortions…
It doesn't have to be this way.
Pro choice? When you choose, please choose adoption.
No comments:
Post a Comment