The return of ‘Girlie Night’
Darling husband began taking graduate classes at Drake University in the fall. Classes started up again this week for the spring term. When Daddy’s at school twice a week, darling daughter and I have ‘Girlie Night.’ It can be a little hectic especially when you are used to a two parent system but it is a nice change of pace.
“Just mommy and me!” That’s how it usually begins then dinner on a TV tray, cuddles, story time and bed. Dinner is simple. Last night it was grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup (darling daughter calls it ‘ba-nay-to’ soup). Eating dinner on a TV tray is a little slice of heaven when you’re 3 ½ .
We usually end up watching PBS Sprout which darling daughter likes very much. The shows are cute (Pingu is one of my favorites) but I could really do without the terminally perky ‘Crazy Sprout Lady.’ I think her name is Melanie. She sings songs and tells age appropriate stories in between shows, which is fine but it’s her nutty ‘Let’s Make a Craft’ song and dance that drives me crazy.
Let’s make a craft! Okay!
What a great way to wrap up the day!
And who better to help us out, then a grownup
Or a big sprout!
(WINK!)
Darling husband and I change the words to the song when we are out of range of little ears. Our lyrics are usually about illegal substances and bodily functions (I’ll leave the rest to your imagination).
Even darling daughter thinks the ‘Crazy Sprout Lady’ is…well…crazy! Her imitation of the ‘craft song’ is really funny! She even does the big WINK! at the end.
Tonight, we’re taking a break from PBS Sprout and watching an old favorite – Beauty and the Beast. I guess I’m just a sucker for the Disney classics.
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awight, spill it. What are the alternative lyrics?
"Let's make some crack..."
and
"Let's take a crap..."
are reoccuring favorites.
Post a Comment