Friday, January 27, 2006

I’ve been tagged!

Oh me, oh my, oh meme? I’ve been tagged by Caroline at Our Little House on the Prairie.

Four jobs I've had:
1. Kelly Girl – temp, various receptionist gigs where people felt they had the right to be extremely rude to me because I only made minimum wage.
2. Disney Store cast member – Yes, you read that right. Disney doesn’t use the term “employee.” They are called “cast members.” And instead of “customer” they use the term “guest” unless they think you are shoplifting and then they call you a “customer.” Secrets from the House of Mouse!
3. Ice cream parlor soda jerk - I once had someone ask me, “What’s in almond pecan ice cream?” Think about it… Another brainiac wanted to know the difference between vanilla and French vanilla. I told her it was because one was made in France. Unfortunately, my boss overheard me and then I got a lecture on the virtues of the vanilla bean.
4. Campus newspaper delivery – see previous post on my missing wagon and my dealings with the Des Moines police department.

Four places I've lived:
1. Linwood, New Jersey
2. Cape May Court House, New Jersey
3. Guam – it’s an island in the Pacific
4. Alamosa, Colorado

Four of my favorite foods:
1. Cheesy chicken tortilla soup
2. Seafood (lobster, crab cakes, shrimp…)
3. Chocolate soufflé with raspberry sauce
4. Anything hot and spicy! Bring it on baby!

Four TV shows that I like to watch:
1. The Apprentice
2. Star Trek and Star Trek NG in reruns
3. CSI – kind of icky but also kind of cool
4. Everybody Loves Raymond (although it is eerily similar to my real life…the Marie part)

Four Movies I could watch over and over again:
1. When Harry Met Sally
2. Young Frankenstein
3. Star Wars I – VI
4. The Princess Bride – No more rhyming and I mean it! Anybody want a peanut?

Four Places I would rather be:
I love to travel so I don’t care if it’s across state, across country or around the world. Always thought Australia would be fun! I’ve been to Switzerland – very nice – so I’d be up for that again. I’ve never been to Great Britain (Ireland, Scotland). It would be cool to dig up some family roots. Hubby and I keep talking about doing an Alaskan cruise someday.

Four Websites I visit:
Hmmm….other than the ones already posted on my nav bar.…
The Quote Garden
Kididdles
Lutheran Church Missouri Synod

Four people I want to tag:
1. Nancy Dancehall

Sorry! I don’t know anyone else who reads my blog!

3 comments:

Hausfrau said...

Okay, I'm curious ... are you Lutheran or just curious yourself?

And ... I have on occasion wondered what the difference was between French vanilla and plain 'ol vanilla, though I never ever would've asked an actual ice cream parlor employee lest I look like a complete idiot. Luckily I'm insecure that way.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Yup - I'm Lutheran. :-)

I was raised Presbyterian (PCA) but I've been an active member of the Lutheran Church Mo. Synod since I was in high school.

From what I remember - French Vanilla uses actual pieces of the vanilla bean - that's what those dark flecks are. Regular vanilla just uses the flavor of the bean and not the actual bean.

I had a lot of strange questions when I worked in the ice cream parlor. I had another person argue with me that the nuts in the butter pecan ice cream were not really pecans because, as she put it, "I'm from Texas and I know pecans." I just smiled sweetly and said I only knew what they put on the labels - "I don't make it, I just scoop it."

Hausfrau said...

LOL .... Well, I'll be ... I'm going to have to adjust my blog links. :-)