Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Attention Wal-Mart shoppers - Idiot in aisle five

Did you hear the one about the Drake University student who spent 41 hours living in Wal-Mart?....If you're waiting for the punchline, there isn't one...no gag, no payoff...sorry, not even a rim shot. That's it - nada, zip, zero. The crickets would be chirping but they're all dead - death by boredom.

Living at Wal-Mart lands student on TV

When asked why he did it, Skyler Bartels said he didn't have an agenda. He's not anti-Wal-Mart, he just wanted to see if the store could provide for all his needs like the ads claim they do. His dad thought it was a great idea and offered to bankroll the "project," proving once again the idiot doesn't fall far from the tree. Coincidentally, his dad is currently residing in Bathroom Fixtures in Home Depot (yeah - I made that part up, so sue me).

I guess it's not as bad as the documentary Super Size Me - guy eats nothing but McDonalds for a month and what's the big surprise ending? He got fat! Duh!

So this schmuck wanders around the store for 41 hours, bought what few items he needed (glad to see he paid for the stuff) and tried to avoid detection by the Wal-Mart greeters. The big surprise ending here? Eventually store management caught on but before they could ask him to leave,...you'll never guess....wait for it....he left! Wow! What an edge-of-your-seat-pulse-pounding-never-saw-it-coming-totally-freakin'-mind-blow!!! Get M. Night Shyamalan on the phone!

I just don't get it...

3 comments:

Hausfrau said...

Ever watch The Soup? When I think of you I think of that show. You both make me laugh out loud consistantly. The insightful and hilarious commentary keeps me coming back for more.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Thanks Caroline! I just write what the voices in my head tell me .... ;-)

I haven't watched The Soup. I used to watch a show called Talk Soup... Did they change the name?

Glad I can make you laugh! Thanks for the nice feedback! Stop by anytime!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

And all we did was hang out at the Diner! Why wasn't Letterman on the phone?!?! ;-)