When I first saw this, I thought it was a joke but it looks legit.
Astronomical sales eyed for new toilet paper
A team of graduate students at the National Astronomical Observatory of Japan in Mitaka, Tokyo, and staff from science museums across the country have developed a toilet roll featuring text and illustrations explaining the life of a star, in the hope the paper will stimulate the public's interest in astronomy. Astronomical Toilet Paper (ATP) repeats text and illustrations of the evolution, life and death of a star every 70 centimeters along the paper.If that isn’t enough to grab your attention, check out the sales pitch.
"In your toilet we'd like you to feel the vastness of the universe and realize that men and the Earth exist as part of the universe," Masaaki Hiramatsu, a graduate student of Tokyo University.Wow! Seems a bit much to expect from a trip to the bathroom...but then again... (insert your own Uranus joke here)
1 comment:
Must....control...self....cannot...make...jokes jokes about...black holes...worm holes...dark matter....
Speaking of universes in the toilet, my blog's been flushed today. I'm a homeless refugee, seeking a safe haven. Heavy sigh. And I had a really good post, too!
Post a Comment