Road Trip – Day 2: Oh the drama!
As promised, here’s the rest of the story of our weekend in Decorah…
Darling daughter…always cute, sometimes adorable, has a sassy streak. And unfortunately for us, it made an appearance at the wedding and continued into the reception. But she wasn’t the only challenge we faced. Here are the highlights…
From the moment we walked into the reception, darling daughter wouldn’t listen to us, wouldn’t stay with us and wouldn’t behave.
While I was hanging up daughter's coat, the wrap I bought especially for the occasion to go with my dress snagged on the velcro on her hood (velcro and silk/chine do not mix). Fabric punkered - not a complete loss but still extremely irritating. Grrr!
Darling daughter kicked me in the arm when we were trying to settle her down in a chair for a time out. She gave me a good bruise and broke the skin on my arm.
This led to the second teachable moment of the day - this time with hubby taking darling daughter out to the truck. When they came back in, I had to take her to the ladies room and clean her up. She had a tiny scrape on her arm from getting in/out of the truck (oh the drama!).
Finally, all is right with the world again. Then as we are walking into the dining room to get a table, darling daughter’s beaded handle on her brand new purse broke and beads the size of marbles start rolling across the floor (more drama). We were able to gather them all up but I'm not sure how we can fix it just yet.
At this point, I'm about to throw in the towel - perhaps we're better off just going back to the hotel before the meteor or the plague of locusts hits, but like Hannibal crossing the Alps, we press on.
We pick a table. Darling daughter settles down and is much better (still not perfect but at this point anything would be an improvement). We survived dinner. Darling daughter had a good time during the free for all dancing session with the other kids and the bride.
With luck running against us, we called it an early evening and went back to the hotel for one last dip in the pool. I know – after an evening like that we were very brave to go anywhere near water but what can I say. We’re masochists.
Friday, March 31, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have it on good authority that the 11th plague is toddlers. Beware!
DMG,
Well, things could have been worse - imagine crystal and tiny hands - not a good combination. As for the rest - glad you are back and in the swing...
Leave in a few days - not sure what to do til then, but spend time with the family. All my love.
Post a Comment