Tales from the house of drama
From the moment I picked up darling daughter from day care, we’ve had nothing but DRAMA!
1. There was an envelope in little girl’s bucket at school. I made the mistake of opening it. When she saw it, she burst into tears because she wanted to open it. Screamed half way home.
2. After apologizing a gazillion times for my mistake (you have no idea how sorry I was), she forgave me. She wanted me to read the card inside. It was a thank you note from a birthday party we went to last weekend. This caused more DRAMA because she thought it was a birthday invitation. Screamed the rest of the way home.
3. We make it home in one piece. It’s costume night at dance class. On the way to class I explain, “Mommy doesn’t know what color your dress is but I am sure it will be beautiful!” Little girl responds, “I WANT TO BE SLEEPING BEAUTY AND I WANT IT PINK!!!!!”…sigh… Thankfully, once she saw her dress she loved it (not pink and not sleeping beauty – red and black with a poofy white skirt and sparkly red hat).
4. While getting darling daughter ready for bed, I accidentally knocked a small Mickey Mouse snow globe off her desk and it broke all over the wood floor (son-of-a-coal-minor's-daughter!!!!) Again – I apologize profusely (mommy can do nothing right today). Little girl took it surprisingly well and forgave me. I wiped up the water, the glass and the glitter with leftover Subway napkins and toilet paper because for some reason there are NO PAPER TOWELS OR NAPKINS IN THE HOUSE!!! (grrr!)
5. While reading little girl her bed time story, hubby walked into the bedroom (barefoot) and found the one piece of glass left on the floor. He is fine – nothing a band-aid couldn’t handle.
Is this day over yet?
On a more positive note...
As a true blue Drake University alum, I must say Happy Drake Relays everybody!
Thursday, April 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I used to have days like that... oh yeah, I still do. Back when B was only a few months old, I accidentally hit him in the head with a moving ceiling fan... Never felt worse in my life...
By the by, the Embassy took some mortar rounds today - all safe and sound though...
It could be worse.
I'm sorry to hear that mommy had a bad day. Hang in there!
Post a Comment