Happy blog-o-versary!: One year as a stand up philosopherA scene from one of my favorite Mel Brook’s movies, History of the World Part I:
Dole Office Clerk: Occupation?
Comicus: Stand-up philosopher.
Dole Office Clerk: What?
Comicus: Stand-up philosopher. I coalesce the vapors of human existence into a viable and meaningful comprehension.
Dole Office Clerk: Oh, a *bullshit* artist!
Comicus: Hmmmmmm...
Dole Office Clerk: Did you bullshit last week?
Comicus: No.
Dole Office Clerk: Did you try to bullshit last week?
Comicus: Yes!
Hard to believe I started this blog a year ago today. Even harder to believe people actually stop by to read what I wrote. Thanks for stopping by! I hope you've had as much fun reading my posts as I've had writing them.
Here’s a link to my very first post: Welcome to Des Moines 360!
6 comments:
Sweet! First commenter.
Happy anniversary to the gal who got me started the next day!
Happy anniversary. Your topics and writing style are highly entertaining.
You've made me laugh. You've made me cry ... okay not really cry, like tears or anything. But I have sat here in a take a deep breath and sigh manner with a been there done that look upon my face. Does that count?
Anyhoo ... happy blog-a-versary and I look forward to many more.
Thank you all very much! I'm just glad I can brighten your day! :-)
DMG!
Since I missed out yet again, let me be the first to...congratulate you on your second anniversary next September. (You are too entertaining to read to get cancelled by "the network" before then).
Thanks Scottius! I just write about stuff I think is funny. It's nice to know there are other people out there who have my sense of humor....as scary as that may be. ;-)
Post a Comment