Burned out on turkey?Try a helping of lime jello marshmallow cottage cheese surprise. Here are the last of the leftovers from the fridge.
Thanksgiving with the walking wounded
We had a very nice visit with my parents in Minnesota. Thanksgiving went smoothly – no family rock fights – which is good but doesn’t give much inspiration for blogging.
The only thing of interest is my family seems to be under some kind of “boo boo” curse. Back in June, my Uncle fell off his trailer while loading his Harley. His bike started to tip over and he had to bail…but unfortunately he didn’t bounce. Broke his clavicle and had to have surgery. For you Harley enthusiasts, don’t worry. I think the bike is fine.
Two weeks before Thanksgiving my Dad fell down the garage steps, hyper extended his knee and tore his quad. Yes – another surgery. I jokingly told him I’m sure there’s a 12-step program somewhere that could teach him how to walk up and down stairs. (hardy-har)
And finally, the Sunday before Thanksgiving my sister had a retinal tear and had to have…surgery. Earlier in the year she had to have cataract surgery on the same eye. She’s a bit young for this sort of thing – only 37.
All are recovering nicely but I’m really hoping, if injuries come in threes (kind of like celebrity deaths come in threes), we are done for awhile. Heaven help us if we start on the next batch of three.
Catching my breath
It’s been a busy busy week and we’re not even into the full swing of the Christmas season yet. Tuesday night my clown group had our holiday party; Wednesday Hubby had his last class of the semester; Thursday Hubby took me to a lecture about the Iowa caucus (he’s such a romantic!) and Friday Hubby had to go to a holiday dinner for work.
Tonight is my work holiday party. We’re hoping to be able to make it but Mr. Snow Miser has blessed us with a Dec. 1 ice storm. I think it’s letting up so it's possible we’ll be able to go. It mostly depends on if mother-in-law can drive over for babysitting duty. The woman has a hard time keeping her car “between the ditches” in good weather.
Last but not least…
Do you get e-mails at work where people abbreviate the phrase "follow up" like this - f/u or F/U? Maybe it's just me but it always makes me snigger when I get an e-mail with the subject line "F/U after meeting" :-O Just an observation...
Picture: http://www.swankola.com/md/jello/jell01.html
2 comments:
I wish my husband's company had a Christmas party. I doubt we'll go to one this season. Actually, I haven't been to one in ages.
Hey Barb! - unfortunately, we weren't able to go to the party. The weather was too questionable for mother-in-law to drive and baby boy was being really fussy so we were worried he was getting an ear infection. The party is usually pretty good - great food and the boss springs for the unlimited "adult beverages."
Post a Comment