Sunday, December 02, 2007

Thanks for nothin'

A couple weeks ago, Darling Daughter brought home a Thanksgiving hat she made at school. It is very cute! It looks like a turkey with three large feathers for a tail in the back. But it wasn't until tonight that I took a reeeally good look at it.

On each of the feathers she had written something she is thankful for:

1. The first feather said, "Jesus" (very nice! made me proud!)

2. The second feather said, "Daddy" (again, heartwarming!)

3. The third feather said, "My T.V." (....uh-huh...)

Does anyone else notice something here? What happened to Mommy? Jesus I can understand but do I really rank lower than the T.V.? :-P

I'm going to remind her of this moment when she decides she wants ice sculptures at her wedding. "Well, darling, maybe the T.V. will buy them for you!" ;-)

2 comments:

Dan @ Necessary Roughness said...

Cute!

I'm sure you rated right up there with Daddy, but there was no room left on the feather. :)

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Hi Dan! I thought it was pretty funny. When I teased her about it she did offer to write my name on a feather too! :-)