Christmas meme
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I prefer wrapping paper but I save all the good gift bags just in case I run out of boxes or paper.
2. Tree - Real or Artificial? Artificial-for now. We keep saying we’re going to get a real tree one of these years.
3. When do you put the Christmas tree up? Thanksgiving weekend. It’s a Hubby thing. He wants Christmas up before he heads back to work.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day
5. Like Egg Nog? Not crazy about it but I take a sip or two during the season.
6. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes!
7. Favorite gift received as a child? Too many favorites to list. I remember wanting a “Sit and Spin” so badly one year that’s all I asked for. My parents kept telling me Santa may not be able to bring one so I should ask for other things too. I kept telling them, “I know Santa will bring me one!” Sure enough, Christmas morning there was a Sit and Spin under the tree. I told my parents, “SEE! I TOLD you Santa would bring me one.” My parents just smiled. :-)
8. Hardest person to buy for? My Hubby’s grandmother – she’ll be 94 in January.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Hubby – he tells me exactly what he wants, complete with pictures and websites to order the gifts from. However, he is impossible to surprise.
10. Worst Christmas gift? I’ll never admit it!
11. Mail or email a Christmas Card? Mail.
12. Favorite Christmas movie? White Christmas
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Later than we should.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Does Goodwill count?
15. Favorite food to eat on Christmas? Everything!
16. Clear or colored tree lights? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas Song? Love them all!
18. Travel during Christmas or stay home? As long as we are doing the Santa gig, we will be home asleep in our own beds for Christmas.
19. Can you name Santa’s reindeer’s? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph and Olive! (Olive the other reindeer used to laugh and call him names… HA!)
20. Angel or Star on tree top? Neither – we bought an angel for our tree but she was too heavy. We haven’t shopped for another one yet.
21. Open presents on Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Day
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? How people try to take “Christmas” out of the Christmas season.
HT: Indiana Jane
Sunday, December 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I laughed out loud at your "Olive" comment. :-)
Hope you don't mind, but I've added your site to the Local Parent Blogs page at DesMoinesFamilies.com. If you'd rather not be linked from the site, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Hey Rick! Olive is my favorite reindeer!
Hi Kelly! Thanks for adding me to your blog roll. I'll be sure to check out your page.
Post a Comment