Snow daze and tiny marshmallows
Wednesday night the sky opened and blessed us with 2-3 inches of nice fluffy snow. It snowed again all day yesterday for another 3 inches. If this keeps up we’ll have a white Christmas for sure. So much for getting the Christmas lights out on the front bushes.
It’s white and pretty now but in another month it will go from “blessed snow” to “cursed snow.” By February, it will be called “that-damned-crap-that-falls-from-the-sky-and-makes-my-life-a-living-hell.” Remember the scene from Fargo where Jerry Lundergard is scrapping the ice from his windshield? After a few seconds he flies into a rage and starts beating his windshield with his snow scraper. I can sympathize. I’ve been there.
I have not bought new snow boots for my darling daughter (3 years old) so unfortunately playing in the snow it not yet possible. I’m determined to buy boots for her today – the fact that I am willing to brave the mall on a weekend afternoon this time of year is proof of my maternal instincts.
Since we couldn’t play in the snow, I decided to shovel off the deck so darling daughter could throw bread to the birds. Seemed like a fun Norman Rockwell type activity. I saved all the bread crusts and crumbs left over from making the stuffing for Thanksgiving. It was time to get it out of the kitchen and reclaim my limited counter space.
Darling daughter loved tossing the bread and did not wander off the deck. When the bread was gone, we went back inside and watched out the window, waiting for the birds to show up – they didn’t so that kind of blew the second half of my Rockwell fantasy. She did enjoy the hot chocolate I made for her so it was still a nice mother-daughter moment.
It continued to snow the rest of Saturday so now it doesn’t look like I’ve been on the deck at all. The bread we tossed out is all covered up so I guess the birds will have to go without. Ah well… it’s the thought that counts.
Today I think we will be “snowed-in” – a self imposed snowed-in since we can get out if we really want to. I will head out later for the aforementioned snow boots. Darling husband went out this morning for a quick store run. He came back with those little tiny marshmallows I love - a must for hot chocolate.
The house is clean, the Christmas decorations are up, snow is on the ground and I have tiny white marshmallows in the cupboard – life is good!
Sunday, December 04, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yummy! Now that's a tasty post! Give little E a hug for me, and two from Bachlor #1 and Bachlor #2.
Post a Comment