Tuesday, January 03, 2006

The last of 2005

Here’s my meme of “lasts” from 2005. List inspired by Nancy Dancehall: www.justanotherloveletter.blogspot.com.

Last Book Read: I’ve been trying to catch up on all the classics I missed reading while I was in school but I haven’t been in much of a reading mood lately, lots of books started then stopped; currently trying to read A Passage to India. Last book I can officially remember completing was The Good Earth by Pearl S. Buck. Oh, and there was Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince which I read when I was halfway through (there’s that irony again) The Good Earth.

Last Live Music Show Seen: Does the 8th grade concert band performance over my lunch hour in the downtown Des Moines skywalk count?

Last CD Purchased: Jimmy Buffett Live at Fenway Park. Parrot Heads UNITE!

Last Thing Cooked: Cheese fondue for New Year’s Eve, a family tradition.

Last New Thing Eaten: Baked brie with cranberry chutney….delectable! Sunbutter from North Dakota compliments of darling brother and sister-in-law. It’s just like peanut butter but it is made from sunflower seeds; very tasty and also practical since darling daughter has a peanut allergy.

Last Thing Bought: A book, Notes to a Working Woman by Luci Swindoll

Last Gift Received: A red sweater from my sister

Last Piece of clothing bought or received as a gift: Socks - since I seemed to be running low – not nearly as exciting as the size 4 jeans Nancy Dancehall just bought. You suck! ;-)

Last embarrassing experience: Being made to feel like a fool by the “Homeland Security Cow” at the Miami airport.

Last totally new experience: Mentally calculating how long they would keep me in lock up if I bitch-slapped the aforementioned “Homeland Security Cow” and if it was worth missing my flight over. The pleasure of slapping her fat face versus the possibility of a body cavity search…..

Chatting with Leon Mosley – serves on state of Iowa Republican Central Committee – had us laughing all night!

Last foreign country visited: Minnesota – if you’ve been there you know it’s kind of like a foreign country. Yah – you betcha’!

Last new bird seen: A very large woodpecker while visiting my folks in Minnesota. Not sure what kind it was but it shot past the window like a bat out of hell and it was HUGE!

Last scrapbook page completed: “C” is for Cousins!

Last Big Achievement: Helping to raise more than $1,000 for the Alzheimer’s Association during our department’s annual basket auction at work.

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.

~Alfred, Lord Tennyson, 1850

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Very cool. Perhaps the Homeland Security Cow is my sister-in-law in disguise?