Thursday, March 09, 2006

SNORT!

Here is a picture of an Iowa Department of Natural Resources (DNR) staffer demonstrating a scentometer – I kid you not! The DNR uses this device to measure “stink” coming from hog confinements and livestock pens.

Here’s the entire article if you really want to read about it.

Odor-smellers say livestock isn't so stinky

I thought it would be more fun to make up funny captions. I’ve given you three to get you started. Feel free to add to my list!



1. Bob was always willing to try anything once and unfortunately for Bob his “friends” knew this about him as well.

2. Using his uniquely adapted appendage, the mighty Nose-asaurus-Rex calls to his mate.

3. Now natural male enhancement is only a sniff away!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bionic Traffic Officer Sniffs Out Speeders

Jill could put up with her Peeping Tom's binoculars, but the long distance panty sniffer was going too far. (and so was this caption)

Hausfrau said...

natural male enhancement ... LOL

I wish I was creative enough to think up a caption, but alas I am not. It's just crying out for one though, isn't it?

Des_Moines_Girl said...

WANTED!

"Does-this-smell-bad-guy?" seeks "Pull-my-finger-guy!" for combat to the death.

Jonathon S.B. Tiercel said...

ND - Have to agree with yours...

"This new device works wonders for nostril hair, but wait there's more...it also works on..."

Genuine Lustre said...

Do you ever find yourself picking up laundry off the kids floor and giving it the sniff test to detect clean or dirty ( this is one thing my mom used to do that I swore I'd never do, lol). This device could put an end to it. But I think we should call it the stinkometer -- rhymes with kilometer.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Polly - I like your stinkometer idea! Could also be used as a fool proof diaper checker. When in doubt, sniff it out!