Safe travel
My good friend J.T. deployed for Iraq today. He feels called to do this work even though he is aware of the danger. He hopes to drop an e-mail now and then and may even keep up with his blog, Reflections within the Theme. If you have some time, write him a note and read some of his poetry. He is a "warrior poet."
Please pray for his safe return and for his wife and two children. Please also continue to pray for all our men and women in uniform.
God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble.
- Psalm 46:1
Tuesday, April 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I wish J.T. all the best. You might see him on IMs at night. They're 8-9 hours ahead of you (depending on whether Iraq changes time twice a year). I talk to a soldier or two that way, and if they know who you are and have a few minutes, then they are happy to talk.
Des Moines, huh? I know Dubuque (4th St. elevator, anyone?) to Epworth like the back of my hand, and Quad Cities reasonably well, but not Des Moines, I'm afraid. Still, Iowas's Iowa.
Take care, and write well.
Laughing Frog - Thanks for stopping by and for your nice post. I keep hoping we'll hear from J.T. soon.
I'm not too familiar with eastern Iowa. You should come check out Des Moines!!!
Laughing Frog - roger on the IM, still working out the bugs. Thanks for the interest.
DMG - as always, you're the best
Post a Comment