Book meme
Barb the Evil Genius tagged me so...here it is!
1. One book that changed your life:
Well…I guess first I have to say the Bible. I wouldn’t be the person I am today without it. As far as other books, no one immediately jumps to mind. I believe you keep a little bit of something from everything you read. Wait – I did think of one…A Room of One’s Own by Virginia Wolf. She says every woman should have a room that is entirely hers that she can go to and read, study, create, write…whatever fulfills her passions – a room that is part retreat and part work space. I say that’s pretty good advice for anyone – male or female.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
There are a few, The Picture of Dorian Gray, To Kill a Mocking Bird, The Red Badge of Courage....the phone book?
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Treasure Island. You know, for the irony.
4. One book that made you laugh:
Don’t Stop the Carnival by Jimmy Buffett
5. One book that made you cry:
The Horse Whisperer….the first couple chapters that describe the accident. I had to put the book down and cry for a little while. I read it shortly after my folks had to put my horse down for colic.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
It doesn’t matter what’s it about – just give me more Hemingway please!
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
The DaVinci Code was the biggest, steaming pile of overrated horse poo I’ve ever had the misfortune of reading. I also have to add When the Wind Blows by James Patterson. I like Patterson – he’s a good writer – but I thought this one was almost an embarrassment compared to his other books.
8. The book you are currently reading:
The Sun Also Rises and A Passage to India. I think I’m going to have to start over on A Passage to India – only a few chapters in and I got away from it and now I’ve lost the storyline.
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
I have a whole list of books – a lot of classics I missed reading. I really need to read Moby Dick. I’ve read it all except for the last few chapters. I had to read it and give an oral report in high school. I ran out of time and had to read Cliff Notes to find out what happened so I could give my report. I swear this is the only time I used Cliff Notes!
10. Now tag five (I’m tagging six!) people:
Nancy Dancehall, JT, This Pastor’s Wife, Myutopia, The Laughing Frog and Irrelephant!
Friday, July 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I agree with the idea that we need "a room of one's own." As a matter of fact, I'm blessed enough to have my own room, my own sanctuary, my own retreat!
Dang you, woman! *lol* Okay, I've been tagged. *rubbing the handprint* Here we go.
Alright, I'll play. This might take some time and thought, though.
Hi Barb! I have a "room" too. Unfortunately it always seems to turn into the "I don't know what to do with this so I'll put it in here room" - so it's always a wreck.
Irrelephant - *WICKED LAUGH!*
Laughing Frog - Thanks for playing!
All of you, especially the ladies, is there something about the term, "ONE book" you didn't understand?
Ok I'm obnoxious. Maybe I'm just jealous because I have no blog.
Kerner - picky picky picky! ;-)
Wow, this thing is every where. Click here to see an ever growing list of folk who did this meme.
Post a Comment