Sunday, July 02, 2006

Domesticity

If you are a regular reader of my blog (I think there are three of you), you know I sometimes struggle with the dual nature of my personality. My inner Murphy Brown and inner Donna Reed (the women in my head) do not always live harmoniously together.

I think that is why I enjoy reading blogs written by full time homemakers. If I can't be one, then I can at least read about it, feed my fantasies and maybe some day (God willing) I might be able to be a full time homemaker myself.

Which of course brings me to the reason for today's post...

Thanks to a tip from Favorite Apron I came across a new blog - HomeLiving Helper: http://homeliving.blogspot.com/.

Two posts caught my eye:

The Harmless Housewife
I am a Stay-At-Home-Wife

Lady Lydia and Mrs. Alexandra write very openly and honestly about the joys of being a stay-at-home-wife, and how homemaking is becoming (has become?) a lost art in today's society. I really enjoyed reading their posts.

And I have to agree with them - homemaking has sure taken more than its share of black eyes over the last 30 - 40 years.

HT: Favorite Apron

2 comments:

Hausfrau said...

I'm still a regular reader. Just sometimes use my bloglines instead of visiting. I wouldn't miss an entry.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Caroline - You have the honorable distinction of being the first person to leave a post on my blog who didn't already know who I was.

As always, thanks for stopping by!

:-)