Sunday, July 23, 2006

Okoboji - Day 2

We tackled Arnold's Park today - did it all and then some! Here are some pics.


West Okoboji Lake - pretty sailboats in the distance.



Darling daughter kind of, sort of, was okay riding the ferris wheel. It was her first time.


We didn't do the lake tour this year - too many rides little girl wanted to try at the amusement park. Maybe next year?

There was a tractor parade - not sure why. It's Iowa, I guess.



Little girl liked the train. Who doesn't like trains?

Headed home tomorrow - wish we had a couple more days.

5 comments:

Kelly said...

That looks wonderful!!

Anonymous said...

It looks like a great time indeed. My kids have grown too old for me to take them to places like that anymore. I miss it.

Oh, and hey Des Moines girl, don't take it too much to heart if I kid you about Iowa. I'm from Wisconsin, myself, which has never been confused with the Upper West Side. I know I'm provincial, but I like my particular province, and I'm proud of it sometimes. No reason you shouldn't feel the same way about yours. If nothing else, you've shown us how to have a good time in Iowa.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Myutopia - it was! Highly recommend!

Kerner - no offense taken! I've lived in four states (New Jersey, Colorado, New Mexico and Iowa) and a U.S. territory (Guam) in both rural and urban areas. I'm usually the first to make jokes. So no biggie! ;-)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Looks like fun! That train is so cute.

Kelly said...

Though the milk thing, is yucky! I did that the other day too!