My Dad is a cowboy
I wanted to post this yesterday being Father's Day and all but I had to find the picture first. Here's my Dad riding Reina - his favorite horse at the time. My Dad is pretty cool. He competes in Endurance Riding. He's 65 years old and still going strong.
I wanted to post this yesterday being Father's Day and all but I had to find the picture first. Here's my Dad riding Reina - his favorite horse at the time. My Dad is pretty cool. He competes in Endurance Riding. He's 65 years old and still going strong.
UPDATE: For the curious horsey folks out there, Reina is part Arabian and part Akhal-Teke.
6 comments:
That's pretty cool. He is about my dad;s age and my dad also keeps pretty active. He and my mother go hiking in the mountains of Arizona and he plays lots of tennis.
I remember when I first met your father, working with the horses and trying to keep Kelpy (sp?) from running back to the barn...
Dad, yelling at J because he was lazy, and me just happy to be there with you and staying out of the way...
Thanks for the memories and pass on my love to them, even though the years have passed us by...all my love, my friend...
Myutopia - Good for your folks! I think the key to a long and happy life is to stay active physically and mentally.
JT - Yes, good times! Seems like a life time ago.
Beautiful horse. I can see the arabian in the face. How is Minnisota treating the horses?
Hi ND - yes, she was a beautiful horse. She's one of the two horses killed by lightning while my folks were still in New Mexico.
The horses seemed to adjust well to the Minnesota clime - my folks only have Bugs (old gray burro) and Sammy (Anglo-Arab). Dad took Sammy on a ride Father's Day weekend and did well. I'll have to post pictures of her later.
That is way cool. Go Dad!
Post a Comment