I'm being admitted?
Four years ago today, I was admitted to the hospital for the birth of my daughter. I was three days past my due date and was at the hospital for some tests. I never made it into labor.
To make a long story short, the doctors didn't like the test results. Low amniotic fluid and slow recovery of my daughter's heart rate during my Braxton Hicks contractions had them worried inducement was too risky. By 11 am, we were scheduled for a 2 pm c-section.
At 2:25 pm, I heard my daughter cry for the first time. She was only 5 pounds, 7 ounces and 17.5 inches long. She was pocket watch thin - small but fiesty! I can't believe the little baby we brought home from the hospital is the same "big girl" turning four years old today.
Baby mine
Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart, never to part
Baby of mine
Baby mine, when you play
Pay no heed what they say
You are so precious to me, sweet as can be
Baby of mine.
You're so sweet goodness knows
From your head to your toes
Let your eyes sparkle and shine, never a tear
Baby of mine
- From the Disney movie, Dumbo, 1941
Baby mine, don't you cry
Baby mine, dry your eyes
Rest your head close to my heart, never to part
Baby of mine
Baby mine, when you play
Pay no heed what they say
You are so precious to me, sweet as can be
Baby of mine.
You're so sweet goodness knows
From your head to your toes
Let your eyes sparkle and shine, never a tear
Baby of mine
- From the Disney movie, Dumbo, 1941
6 comments:
Happy Birthday! (well, pass it along)
O
Thanks O! I will pass along to little girl. She's pretty jazzed about being 4.
Happy belated birthday!
Happy belated birthday to your daughter! My second one was a surprise c-section too; I actually "bumped" someone who had a scheduled one planned that day. She turned sideways and then my membranes ruptured and most of the amniotic fluid was gone so they couldn't even try to turn her. It's a shock to find out you're getting a c-section, isn't it?
Have you ever listened to the Bette Midler cover of "Baby Mine" from the movie "Beaches"? . . . I think I'm going to cry just thinking about it!
Hi Barb - yes it was a bit of a shock. Not how I had envisioned how things would go down.
Hi GA -Glad to see you back. Your site was acting kind of weird for a while. Hope things are back to normal. Yes - Bette Midler's version is very very good!
Post a Comment