Now I know how Moses felt...
...minus the burning bush, the Red Sea, and that bit with all the plagues and stuff.
I had one of those "do the right thing" moments. I knew I had to do it but I really didn't want to. I was turning it over in my head all week. I wanted to move on but that little voice in my head wouldn't let me let it go.
GOD: I want you to do something for me.
DMG: Uh-oh...
GOD: I want you to...Wait a minute... Why did you say uh-oh?
DMG: Because I think I know what you're going to ask me and...
GOD: You're afraid.
DMG: Yeah...I'm sorry. I try not to be.
GOD: I know. It's okay. You can do this.
DMG: I really don't want to. Maybe someone else will say something?
GOD: You were there. I'm asking you. You know it's the right thing to do.
DMG: But I don't want to rock the boat... Bad stuff happens to people who do that.
GOD: Trust me. It will be okay.
DMG: I'm not good at this.
GOD: Yes you are. You can do it. A short conversation - that's all I ask.
DMG: (sigh)
GOD: I'm asking you to stand up for me. Will you do it?
DMG: ...okay...
GOD: I'll be right there with you the whole time.
DMG: I know...
Afterward...
DMG: I did what you asked. It wasn't as bad as I thought.
GOD: I know. Thank you! (pause) Now about that joke you told last week...
DMG: D'OH!
Disclaimer: The conversation above is a dramatization. Unfortunately, I am not able to converse so directly with The Almighty.
Saturday, June 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Glad to hear that you weren't really hearing voices ;-)
Nice post though ... really.
Interesting post...
Say "Hi" to the big Guy for me.
I've been there : )
Caroline - in this particular instance, no. I wasn't really hearing voices. ;-) Glad you liked the post.
JT - I sure will! Glad to see you have access to a computer again. Sorry I missed your call the other day.
Myutopia - I think we've all been there. Even when we know we need to do the right thing, it can still be hard.
"Fool;" my subconcious whispers. "You could have done it. Seized an advantage. You know you wanted to. You could have. You're weak. WEAK!"
I get it in the neck retroactively from my selfconcious instead of thinking something through beforehand.
Especially in situations where I have a choice to be moral or a choice to enrich myself.
Dantares
Dantares - I sometimes hear that voice too, especially when I see people suing for millions of dollars for perceived injuries/emotional trauma.
I think about all the times I could have sued and didn't because I accepted a long time ago that sometimes bad things happen and it's really no one's fault.
I could have been a gazillion-aire by now!!! :-/
Post a Comment