10 more things I've learned
1. Never get into an argument with your significant other as to who has the crazier parent unless you think your parent is the craziest.
2. The louder and more often you say, "I'M NOT CRAZY!" the crazier you look.
3. The expiration date on a milk carton is not written in stone. YEEAAACH! (this can apply to all dairy products)
4. The problem with being a nice person is when you are uncharacteristically mean, people take offense. If you are a mean person and you have a day when you are uncharacteristically nice, people are grateful. Perhaps the lesson learned here is to lower everyone else's expectations.
5. Honesty is the best policy unless you are the guy standing on the street corner holding the sign that says, "Why lie? I need a beer."
6. If you want to feel more acutely the passage of time, have children.
7. The last one to smell the dog poop is usually the one who has it stuck to his/her shoe. (literally as well as figuratively speaking)
8. Ironically, reading beauty/fashion magazines on a regular basis will make you feel ugly.
9. The glass is half full = optimist
The glass is half empty = pessimist
The glass is fuller than I thought it would be = Lutheran
10. Dieter's Math: It always takes three times longer to lose the weight than to gain it all back. (!$#@!&*!)
Sunday, July 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very funny. Love #4. Completely agree with #6. Just had a comparable revelation concerning #8 this week ... only it's the cottage living, country homes, etc. magazines. Why oh why do I torture myself so?
Hi Caroline! - Oh yes...Better Homes and Gardens, Martha Stewert Living, and the L.L. Bean Home catalog do it for me.
Post a Comment