Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Special K not so special...burf!

The funny taste on my cereal this morning was not my imagination - it was the milk. YEEEAAAAAAACK!!! Remember what I told you about dairy products? (see #3) I guess I won't be buying any more pints of milk from the deli downstairs. Two cinnamon Altoids and a Diet Coke later and I finally got the taste out of my mouth.

Yeah - really good start to my morning. My "Sour K" episode came after I spent 20 minutes on the phone with IT about a computer problem.

And to round out a perfectly putrid day, I am in the process of packing up my cube so I can be moved to a new cube. (…hoo-rah…) I hate packing… At least it’s an opportunity to throw stuff away.

Two days back in the office and my post vacation bliss has already worn off. Waaah!

UPDATE: For all the cube dwellers out there, check out this link for your Cubical Survival Kit!

http://www.ryanmail.net/cubeguy/order.htm

A wink and a nod to Barb the Evil Genius!
Thanks Barb!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm...funny milk. What an utterly horrid thing. And isn't it nice how an office can just take all that wondermus vacation joy and turn it into so much rancid milk? It's like trying to find that one perfect carton of milk, the one that will never expire.

Rick said...

Ick. That's as bad as making a ham sandwich with meat that's a day (or two) too old, and not realizing it until you take the first bite. Not that I've ever done that.

Anonymous said...

Blurph. That's what the bottle of gin stashed in your desk is for.

Meet the new cubicle, same as the old cubicle.

Anonymous said...

Blurph. That's what the bottle of gin stashed in your desk is for.

Meet the new cubicle, same as the old cubicle.

Anonymous said...

Nancy, you've been to the Roman Coliseum too? I saw that same inscription on one of the Coliseum office's restroom wall:

"Opportunus novus quadratus idem eadem idem ut vetus quadratus"

What a small world.

Des_Moines_Girl said...

The worst part about the whole thing was I didn't realize it right away because all of the milk was at the bottom of the plastic bowl. Not a lot of milk stayed on top. But then I ate one of the dried strawberries that had been sitting in the milk (soaking it up like a sponge). I really thought I was gonna hurl.

(hopefully people haven't been reading my post while eating)

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Maybe this will help. You know, you've made being a homeschooling mom seem so much easier now. Thanks!

Des_Moines_Girl said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for the link! I want one of those cube scopes - super cool!

At home or in the office - my fav quote -

All mothers are working mothers.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

You've been tagged! Check my blog for the info.

Rick said...

DMG - agree on the "working mothers" quote. Whoever thinks it's not a job should try it in earnest for a week or two - if they can last that long.