Friday, August 18, 2006

Fair-y tales Part I

As promised, here is my highlight reel from the Iowa State Fair. I'll have to do this in two parts.

View of the midway looking west. Grandstand is on the right. You can also see one of two sky gliders.

Iowa is an agriculture state so we had to see the tractors. Little girl thought we should buy one. I accidentally called this one a tractor - hubby corrected me, "It's a combine, dear." Pfffft! I KNOW that! (really, I did!)

We were all very impressed with Waldo, the Fair's biggest boar. He weighed 1,199 lbs. When he stood up, little girl exclaimed, "He sure has a funny bottom!" I said, "Yup, he sure does!" I really didn't feel it was a good time for a detailed explanation of male pig anatomy. Lots of sniggering from the crowd after she made that comment. Little girl also became very excited when Waldo relieved himself, "Mommy! He's tinkling!!!!" Uh...yup...they do that. Would you really want this guy to use your potty?


We also saw lots of beautiful draft horses. How many horses do you see? Can you count the legs? (there are actually 14 "legs")

More pics to come!

No comments: