The return of lime jello marshmallow cottage cheese surpriseWatch it wiggle, see it jiggle… It’s a bloggy Lutheran potluck!
Scenes from a mall
Darling daughter had a play date this morning with one of her little friends from school. This gave me a rare opportunity to go to the mall for a little “me” shopping.
I only had a couple hours and I arrived at the mall at approximately 9:30am only discover the shops didn’t open until 10am. (grumble) I had to spend the first 30 minutes of what little free time I had peeking into windows. The French bakery was open so I bought a café latte and wandered around…the impotent shopper.
Observation #1 – Mall walkers are funny. Catching snippets of their breathless conversations as they breeze past can be very entertaining when you have nothing else better to do.
Observation #2 – Stores should not be allowed to sell Halloween items before Sept. 1. I can’t stand seeing holiday items out of season. I glanced, I perused, but I did not purchase – my own little shopping protest.
Observation #3 – Almost accidentally walking into the employees’ lounge instead of the dressing room while carrying an armload of unmentionables can be either very embarrassing…or really funny, assuming no one sees you.
Observation #4 – The Marie Antoinette action figure with ejector head was tasteless, tacky…and yet…I want one!
Uncle Buck’s Fish Batter
Hubby bought a packet of Uncle Buck’s on a whim the other day. We used it tonight and…wow….really spicy and very tasty! Bass Pro Shops makes it but some grocery stores are stocking it. Check it out but if you don’t like spicy you might want to stay clear of this one.
Do you know where your iguana is?
http://desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060728/NEWS01/607280326/1002
A West Des Moines man reported to police on July 23 that his three-foot-long iguana was stolen from the cage on the unlocked front porch of his house in the 400 block of Sixth Street. The case is under investigation.
This is why I always squat…
http://www.dmregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060803/NEWS01/60803005/1001
For more bloggy potlucks with no nutritional value whatsoever:
- Lime jello marshmallow cottage cheese surprise (burf!)
- A second helping of lime jello marshmallow cottage cheese surprise
- More lime jello marshmallow cottage cheese surprise
Gross jello picture from http://www.swankola.com/md/jello/jell01.html
7 comments:
Funny, 'cause I thought of you this weekend as I placed my retro vintage "The Joys of JELLO" recipe booklet out on the table. No takers, but I'm thinkin' I'll just keep ahold of it myself for awhile longer.
I don't know if I'm a real Lutheran, 'cause I don't like beer and I don't like Jell-o. Sigh.
Oh, man! Forget the Marie Antoinette figure -- I want the Monty Python "it's only a flesh wound!" Black Knight: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=TYV15030
Or the Shakespeare, Oscar Wilde, Sherlock Holmes or Edgar Allen Poe action figures...mmmm...Poe...
With me, Jello surprises have always rated a -5 on a scale of 1 to 10. :-)
I'd like the Black Night action figure, too. Do they make a talking Galahad figure that says "let me go back, and face the peril"? I'll take one of those, too.
I believe the Lutheran pot luck jello disease has spread south from Minnesota.
Yummy Jello. Seriously, people were selling holloween stuff? That is just sad.
Pastor's wife - The Joys of Jello? How could you even consider parting with it? ;-)
Barb - maybe you're more of a hot dish girl? Hmmm...that came out wrong....everyone will think I just call you a "hot dish." :-O
ND and Quipper - I didn't see the black knight! Cool! Sir Galahad would be awesome too! What about the minstrel who sings, "Sir Robin ran away! He bravely ran away. When danger reared it's ugly head he turned his tail and bravely fled!"
LF - It's possible. Des Moines was once the jello eating capital of the world.
Myutopia - yes on the Halloween stuff and it was more than one place.
Post a Comment