On a clear day…you can see forever…
…except from my cube because as expected they are removing my prized window.
Yes – let the mourning begin. No more window for the lowly titled (not SENIOR titled) employee. My department had to call the workmen back to lower/raise some desks so they are going to take my window out while they are in the area.
I'm thinking I might draw or find a picture of a window to hang up in its place.
Speaking of windows…
I remembered a funny story from my college days. My freshman year at Drake University I lived in the Goodwin-Kirk (GK) dorm. This particular dorm is known for the large bay windows in every room.
The windows were not insulated and during the bitterly cold Iowa winters, condensation would build up and then freeze on the glass. That first winter in Iowa I literally had a boiler plate of solid ice on the inside of my window.
My, that's a nice big crack you have....in your window
On a particularly cold night (cold even for Iowa), campus security was called to one of the men's floors. Their window had broken. The reason? Two of their female friends had left the room to walk back across campus. As they were walking past their friends' bay window, one of the guys decided to moon them. When the hot flesh of his bare backside inadvertently touched the ice cold glass - the window broke.
I wonder…did campus security dust for “butt prints?” Is there such a thing as butt prints?
Something fun
Check out this site I found!
http://www.transl8it.com/cgi-win/index.pl
It lets you enter a message up to 300 words and then translates it to IM speak. For example…
datz a nIs big crack U hav.... yor window
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Regarding the "hot seat" incident, can you imagine the call home?
Student: Dad, I need to borrow some money.
Dad: Why?
Student: Because the window in my room had to be replaced.
Dad: Why?
Student: Because it cracked.
Dad: How?
Student: Um, because, er, uh, well, you know.
Dad: Come on, spit it out!
Student: My butt did it.
The answer, in Clue-speak: the student, in his dorm room, with his butt. :-)
Oh yes - not a phone call I would have wanted to make. I can only imagine what my Dad would have said.
Can you imagine if he had just stepped out of the shower and had not dried off yet? Think the flag pole scene from "A Christmas Story" only much more disgusting and embarassing. :-O
ROFL! That was actually the first thought that came to mind.
Nothing like being the butt of everyone's jokes.
My window overlooks a farm. There is a bluejays nest there and everytime a Tom cat comes by it gets buzzed by the bird tower.
Overlooking a farm sounds better than overlooking the roof of the attached mall or the parking garage. The joys of working downtown, but not close enough to the lake.
I remember that! Wasn't he one of Kevin's 'friends'?
Oh, and Quipper: 'the student, in his dorm room, with his butt.' Brilliant!
What I hated about working downtown was that we couldn't open any windows. The air tended to get stuffy on the 27th floor or whatever. However, talk about getting "buzzed"! I worked in Navy payroll, and every Labor Day weekend the Blue Angels came to town for the air show and would "buzz" our building during practices!
Quipper, my husband used to work in the Caxton Building and had a great view of Jacob's Field. Of course, not the actual playing field. It's constructed so you can't get "free seats." :(
DMG, I'm having a moment of silence for your window. :)
Nancy, thanks!
Barb, we've gotten "buzzed" by the Blue Angels as well. It's fun watching them while they are practicing for the Labor Day Weekend show.
Oh no. To quote Bill Clinton, "I feel your pain" at the loss of your window.
Regarding the butt incident, I nearly spewed my morning coffee out my nose laughing.
Post a Comment