Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Bomb bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran…

Don’t go getting your shorts in a knot. I’m not really saying we should bomb Iran…at least not yet anyway. I was just feeling…musical.

Bomb I-ra-an-an!
He’s a crazy ma-an-an!
Mahmoud’s got a pla-an-an!
To fry us with a nuke and he makes me wanna puke.
Bomb Iran, bomb bomb, bomb bomb Iran!

I admit – it needs work but that’s all I got right now. Have you ever tried to rhyme Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? Have you ever tried to pronounce Mahmoud Ahmadinejad? I’m having a hard enough time typing it.

Don’t laugh…you’ll only encourage me.

Grammar Nazi
I’m not usually a grammar Nazi…but if I hear one more reporter use the phrase “global pandemic,” I will drive to their television station and hit them over the head with my dictionary.
As I understand it...

Epidemic – an outbreak of an infectious disease in a specified location
Pandemic – an outbreak of an infectious disease that has spread world wide

So you see, to say “global pandemic” is redundant, just like "...suddenly, and without warning," or "hot water heater."

Domesticity DMG style
The weather was gorgeous today. A big improvement over the cold rain we had all weekend. Hubby had a meeting so it was just darling daughter and me for dinner. Popped some Zydeco in the CD player when I got home. Pasta in the pot, cheese bread in the oven and presto! Dinner on the deck! We had a great time watching the birds in the backyard.

More rain predicted tomorrow…

In the CD player -

Ya Ya
Give Him Cornbread
Your Mama Don’t Know
French Rockin’ Boogie
My Toot Toot
Hot Tamale Baby
Turning Point
Uncle Bud
Broken Hearted
Follow me Chicken

3 comments:

Kelly said...

That sounds very relaxing. It was pouring all afternoon here yeserday

CPA said...

Back when I was in high school during the hostage thing under Carter, there was a novelty hit which went to the tune of "Barbara Anne":

"Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran
Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Iran
Oh, bomb Ira-a-a-a-a-n"

I don't remember the rest, but you should be able to dig out somewheres.

Admin said...

I think Ahmadinejad translates to "I'm on the job." At least that what he wants the ordinary Iranian citizens to think. "I am the great and all powerful Oz!" is the basic message. It's all blow for show, but no go.

Besides, have you noticed that he plans to attack Israel if the U.S. attacks him? He mentioned nothing about attacking the U.S. He knows he'd get his ass blown into Korea if he tried. Pick on Israel.

It's sort of like saying "If you punch me in the nose, I'll rape your sister. Sounds bizarre to most Westerners as a concept, but it's alive and well in the Middle East, and is elevated far beyond a concept and into everyday reality. To these weirdos, it's not just rhetoric.