Working in a coal mine...
Work...work work work.... Work is a four letter word. It's not that I hate my job - cuz I really don't, it's just that I'm not sure I want to do this for the rest of my life but not sure I would want to do any one thing for the rest of my life either.
What do you want to be when you grow up?
My inner Murphy Brown and Donna Reed are just sitting and staring at each other. (Come on girls! Snap out of it!)
My department is going through some changes and projects are being reshuffled. Goodbye old and familiar and hello learning curve. Maybe it's a good thing. New challenges, new faces, new projects...sigh...
I took Monday and Tuesday off from work this week. Golf on Monday and a trip out to Iowa City on Tuesday - just hubby and me. It was lovely! We were selfish parents and dropped darling daughter off at daycare instead of taking her with us. Hubby says I shouldn't feel guilty about it but my mommy instincts still twinged off and on - guilt spasm.
Taking time off early in the week feels weird - like a preview to retirement or something. If this is retirement then bring it on, baby! I told hubby I could get used it. Only another 30 years to go!!! (hoo-rah) Coming back to work on Wednesday was rough. At least we have another long weekend coming up.
Speaking of long weekends...
You did what?!?!?!?
Will this torment ever cease?!?!? This Saturday will mark the third weekend in a row we have plans to see darling mother-in-law. First it was Mother's Day - to be expected. Then it was her birthday - also to be expected. But then hubby agreed we would have dinner with his mom and some of her friends on Saturday night!!! Why oh why?!?!?
Must log off now and search for knitting needles to plunge into my eyes...
Thursday, May 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Okay off topic, but as a curious factoid ... I was born and raised in Donna Reed's hometown.
Glad you had a couple of days for yourselves. No comment on the MIL FH -
Enjoy the learning curve.
wv - pzyoman
Change is never easy. I hope you don't poke out your eyes, that would make blogging very difficult.
Caroline! You're an Iowa girl too!
:-)
JT - Yes, well...we'll see how curvy the learning curve is. So far so good.
Myutopia - That would make blogging difficult so I won't do it. Blogging is somewhat therapeutic.
Post a Comment